VFS POWERHOUND is energy dense, high protein canine nutrition with guaranteed ultra-low carbohydrates specifically formulated by veterinarians for canines. The high meat-based protein nutrition found in VFS POWERHOUND supports energy demands, strong muscles and bones, and promotes lean body mass for optimum body condition and weight control. VFS POWERHOUND is ideal for all life stages, including growing puppies and pregnant and lactating females.
High Meat - Ultra Low Carbohydrates
VFS POWERHOUND formulas mirror the high-meat nutrition found in raw diets but in a convenient kibble form.
- >91% of protein from animal proteins to support strong muscles and lean body condition, and meet energy demands
- Scientifically formulated with ultra-low carbohydrates (less than 10% dietary starch) to provide more carnivorous amino acids from meat-based protein ingredients
- Convenient alternative to raw feeding & home cooking
- Complete and balanced diet for puppies or adult dogs
- All-natural nutrition – no artificial ingredients
- made with real fruits and vegetables, antioxidants, DHA/EPA, and probiotics to support a healthy immune system
- Made WITHOUT peas, legumes, lentils & grains
- Made in the USA
- Veterinarian formulated to match the needs of the unique canine metabolism
Turkey, Chicken, Chicken Meal, Herring Meal, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flaxseed, Miscanthus Grass, Natural Chicken Flavor, Herring Oil (Source of DHA – Docosahexaenoic Acid & EPA – Eicosapentaenoic Acid), Tomatoes, Apples, Carrots, Chicory Root, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Choline Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid), Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Selenium Yeast), Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms
Calorie Content (Calculated):
3,978 kcal ME/kg, 525 kcal ME/cup
Recommended feeding guidelines for adult dogs per day:
2 – 10 lbs - ¼ - ½ cup
10 – 15 lbs - ½ - ¾ cup
15 – 30 lbs - ¾- 1½ cup
30 – 40 lbs - 1½ - 2 cup
40 – 50 lbs - 2 - 2¼ cup
50 – 60 lbs - 2¼- 2½ cup
60 – 70 lbs - 2½ - 2¾ cup
70 – 80 lbs - 2¾- 3 cup
80 – 90 lbs - 3 - 3¼ cup
90 – 100 lbs - 3¼ - 3¾ cup
Feed twice the amount shown for adults.
FOR PREGNANT & LACTATING FEMALES:
Feed 2 to 4 times the adult amount.
FEEDING GUIDELINE NOTE TO THE FURRY GUYS
Have your mom or dad serve you the amounts recommended above. Us dogs are all different and this is not an exact science, if they get confused have them consult with House of Paws for some help. Tell them to refridgerate any unused portion. Make sure they have clean fresh drinking water available at all times for you. And them. But mainly just you.