Introducing the first whole-food complete diet for Cats. Completely synthetic-free (that means no pre-mix!) because our organic sprouted seed combination provides all the vitamins and minerals your cat needs for excellent health. The cats are loving the taste! Quick-baked for convenient, every-day-easy feeding of natural food for your cat.
- Every Batch is Tested for 15 Different Pathogens and Toxins
- 100% Real Food Nutrition
- NO SYNTHETIC INGREDIENTS
- Added Ground Organic Sprouted Seeds
- Quick Baked Air Dried Whole Food Nuggets
- Raw Food Alternative
- Made in the Canada
Fish Formula Ingredients: Herring, perch, eggs, organic sprouted barley seed, salmon, ground fava beans, sweet potato, organic sprouted flaxseed, organic sprouted lentils, organic sprouted peas, potato starch, kelp, cranberry, sea salt, sunflower oil, nutritional yeast, natural baking soda.
Carna4 All Life Stages Fish….
Carna4 Hand Crafted Cat Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages – but offers much more. In fact, our nutrient content exceeds AAFCO requirements in all cases. You can see for yourself in the following table:
THE DATA IN THIS TABLE REPRESENTS OUR MOST RECENT TEST RESULTS OF OUR FOOD. THERE MAY BE SMALL VARIANCES COMPARED TO THE INFORMATION ON THE PRINTED BAGS YOU PURCHASE AS WE CONTINUALLY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS TO THE QUALITY OF OUR INGREDIENTS.
MINIMUM NUTRIENT VALUE PER KG – AS FED
Carna4 Cat – Fish
|Carna4 Cat – Chicken||
|AAFCO Growth Cat||AAFCO Maximum|
|Crude Fiber||4% (max)||4% (max)|
|Moisture||10% (max)||10% (max)||10%||10%|
Why Sprouted Seeds?
Our Sprouted Seeds – A Superfood
Flax, lentils and other seeds & legumes are packed with nutrients and potential energy – enough to grow into a tall plant. Each seed is the powerhouse behind a plant’s growth and development, but nature locks in the nutrients with a protective coating designed to keep them intact until the seed is germinated and becomes ready to grow and mature. This allows only a fraction of the nutrients in ungerminated seeds to be digested and absorbed by your body. But sprouting can change all that!
Sprouted seeds have been “awakened” and are beginning the physical transformation from their dormant seed state to living, breathing plants. In the first 24 hours of germination, the nutrients in the sprouted seeds can multiply by an average of 14 times; antioxidants can multiply by 10,000 times; and enzymes & probiotics flourish by the millions & billions. Sprouting also lowers gluten and glycemic levels and transforms carbohydrates into highly digestible phytonutrient components.
Carna4’s unique recipe uses freshly sprouted USDA Organic Certified lentil seeds, barley seeds and flaxseeds. Sprouting (or germinating) the seed unlocks nature’s protective coating — boosting the bio-available nutrients in our food to unheard of levels.
Germination activates “sleeping” enzymes, bringing the seeds to life with increased vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, while neutralizing anti-nutrients, such
as phytic acid, which will otherwise hinder nutrient absorption.
So exactly what happens and how does it help your pet?
- Sprouting defuses anti-nutrients, such as phytic acid, which will otherwise stop your pet from absorbing sufficient nutrition. Phytic acid is a plant fiber molecule that bonds with minerals (like iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium) in the digestive tract so they pass through the body with undigested or unsprouted seeds, robbing your pet of vital nutrients. These inhibitors can only be decreased through germination — not by milling or grinding.
- Sprouting makes seeds and legumes more nourishing by boosting available vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other nutrients.
- Sprouting activates sleeping enzymes, and increases their activity by up to 6 times, transforming complex carbohydrates and proteins into simpler forms to make nutrients more digestible and easier to absorb.
Simply put, sprouting live seeds….
But that’s only the beginning. Here are 8 more things sprouted seeds can do for your pet:
- Increase antioxidants by up to 9,600% to help your pet tackle cancer-causing free radicals – When seeds sprout, there is a significant increase in vitamins, especially natural antioxidants like Vitamin C and E, particularly with flaxseed. These antioxidants fight free radicals and also help preserve food by protecting polyunsaturated fats from oxidation.
- Sprouted flaxseeds in particular have very high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the effects of arthritis and offer other health benefits to dogs – The Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association published a series of studies in early 2010, on the proven benefits of food with high concentrations of Omega-3 fatty acids for dogs with osteoarthritis.
- Prevent stomach upset and reduce intestinal gas – Sprouting activates plant enzymes to supplement pancreatic enzymes produced by the body. This can alleviate stress on the pancreas, reduce intestinal gas and improve overall digestive function over time.
- Encourage probiotics or “good bacteria” growth to help keep your pet’s digestive tract clean and healthy – Sprouted seeds, especially flaxseed, are excellent sources of strong, naturally-occurring probiotics. Our laboratory testing has shown that these natural probiotics have a very high survival rate through our short-cycle baking/drying process, because they stay in the nurturing comfort of their native host.
- Increase soluble fiber, while reducing insoluble fiber to help toxins leave your pet’s body more efficiently – Sprouting reduces insoluble fiber by as much as 50% and increases in the ratio of soluble to insoluble fiber by as much as 30%. When soluble fiber flows through the arteries, it starts binding with cholesterol and other toxins to help clean the body.
- Provide less carbohydrates and “empty” calories – to maintain optimal condition.
- Lower gluten and have lower glycemic levels — making them ideal for pets with blood sugar issues and diabetes – Sprouted seeds have lower glycemic levels because portions of their carbohydrates are used up in the germination process. Recent scientific studies performed by Mortec Labs indicate that Carna4 is a low-glycemic food.
- Deactivate aflotoxins, which are cancer-causing toxins produced by fungus in grains — to avoid disease.
We’re just beginning to discover the modern-day benefits of this ancient food that traces back to the days when we ate our seeds partially germinated after they’d stood in open fields, just waiting for rain.
Recommended Daily Feeding Guide
|BODY WEIGHT||CUPS PER DAY|
Calorie Content: ME as fed Calculated – Chicken Cat Food Formula: 4,400 kcal/kg or 407 kcal/8 fl. oz. cup; Fish Cat Food Formula: 4420 kcal/kg or 409 kcal/cup.
Carna4 may be free-fed throughout the day or fed at specific meal times. Plenty of fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
To free-feed Carna4, fill your cat’s bowl each morning with the recommended portion and make the bowl accessible all day. To feed by scheduled meals, divide the recommend daily portion by the number of meals fed. If you are using Carna4 in combination with other diets be sure to calculate the calories contributed from the foods and reduce the amount of Carna4 accordingly. Although Carna4 is a great complement to raw feeding, we do not recommend feeding Carna4 and raw in the same meal.
Transitioning to Carna4: It may take several days for your cat to adjust to the richer nutrients in Carna4. Start by mixing one part Carna4 to four parts of your cat’s old food. Gradually increase the proportion of Carna4 over 7-10 days until you are feeding all Carna4.
For picky cats, take several Carna4 nuggets in your hands and rub them together. Then put the food away and pet your cat all over. Doing this 2-3 times BEFORE introducing the food makes the smell more familiar to your cat and increases the likelihood they will try a new food.
Your cat may have larger stools in the early part of his or her transition period as the better quality fiber in Carna4 helps to clean out the colon. This is a normal and healthy effect and you will see the stools return to a normal size later in the transition. When transitioning to Carna4 from another diet, try sprinkling in some Flora4 ground sprouted seeds food topper to help aid digestion and normalize stools faster.
We are sure your kitten or cat will love the fresh taste of Carna4 and you’ll love the peace of mind that comes with feeding your pet the safest, most nourishing complete pet food available. If you are not completely satisfied for any reason, please return the remainder of your package to your pet specialty retailer for a full refund.