Manuka Honey Made by New Zealand bees. Is rich in vitamins A, B-complex, C, D, E, and K. It also contains various minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and copper. Also contains flavonoids, which are antioxidants that promote overall health and well being.
Manuka Honey is known to have many healing properties which include:
- Help to heal wounds. It can be applied directly to open wounds and left or bandaged over and left to do its’s work. It’s the Methylglyoxal in the honey that has antibacterial properties and help keep infection at bay.
- Reduces skin irritations. Skin disease can be a bacterial or a yeast problem and Manuka Honey can help fight both.
- Prebiotic Support for a healthy gut. Manuka honey can help maintain the good bacteria in your best friend’s gut so a teaspoon full a day can help keep the vet away.
- Help with the autoimmune system to combat viral infections such as kennel cough
- Oral health. Don’t give too much as the sugars in the honey can be harmful when they turn to plaque. Given daily along with a regular oral hygiene regime can work wonders for “dog breath”